Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkwrap issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Bpom
889 Views, 1 Reply

Shrinkwrap issue

Hi

I have been running some FEA in Ansys with a large structural assembly and have some issues with the shrinkwrap feature in Inventor 2013.

The structure have many holes and other features that I don’t want in the analysis so i use hole patching in the shrinkwrap command to automate the removal of holes. By default the hole patching range is set up with remove holes between 10mm to 999999mm (a 318m diameter hole!) in circumference (keeping holes less than 10mm don’t make any sense either), I modify the range to be 0mm to 100mm so larger circular features don’t get removed from the model. So far so good.

Analyzing the structure I want to run a case then go back and improve on the model if there is some high stress areas then back and update the FEA model and re-run it again.

If I try to update the shrink-wrap model the hole patching features will automatically go back to the default values! Resulting in that ALL holes and voids will be covered up. 95%  pre modification of the model will also fail (don’t find faces, missing loops, edges etc). I then have to go back and edit derived assembly, put in my custom hole patching values again and hope for the best (since there is no possibility to do this directly when you get a red update lightning on your model you always get a messed up model)

It is impossible to “break link with base component” without the hole patching going back to default. (no possible custom override)

It is impossible to “suppress link with base components” without the hole patching going back to default during the process.

Al in al this result in a useless model and a frustrated Inventor user.

Is it too much to ask that the value that was used during the initial creation of the shrink-wrap file is maintained also afterwards??

Regards

Øyvind H

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: Bpom

Many thanks for you to report this issue to us! Could you have SP2 installed for a try?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report