Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrink wrap transparency

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
chance1080p
2307 Views, 8 Replies

Shrink wrap transparency

I have a part that was sent to me from a vendor. It was a large 80MB part so I put it in an assembly file and shrinkwrapped it to reduce the size of it. Now it is transparent and I can not figure out how to turn it off. Anyone have any advise?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
moretti999
in reply to: chance1080p

Have you ended up with surfaces instead of solids? If yes, in the browser, select the surface and delete transparency.

AM
Message 3 of 9
torbjorn

The default setting of a shrinkwrap is surfaces. If you didn't change this you will get a surface model that is transparent. I usually use the option 'solid body keep seems between planar surfaces'

Message 4 of 9
chance1080p
in reply to: torbjorn

I have saved it as a solid and surface but i always end up with a transparent body.

Moretti999 - I have attached two screen shots with the solid and surface files open. I can turn visability off, but i cannot  delete the transparency. 

Message 5 of 9
SteveMDennis

I am looking at a similar issue right now.  Your post actually helped me narrow in on what the problem really is!

For the times when you have it saved as a solid (I can see the browser shows solid broken link?)

What happens if you zoom in and/or out?

What happens if you rebuild that assembly (where it is transparent) and/or add another instance and zoom/pan/etc?

What I am seeing is that the graphics seems to get out of date sometimes and show solid when it should be transparent (surfaces) or shows surfaces when it should be solid...

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
chance1080p
in reply to: SteveMDennis

I always break link with original object when I am copying a part. I tried it again without breaking the link. see attached. 

The only thing i have found is changing the visual style to "Realistic" with ray tracing but it take sabout 10 sec for it to render

Zooming in or out, updating it, reopening it, nothing seems to help... I am not the best at problem solving issues on here, so I could have easily missed somthing

Message 7 of 9
chance1080p
in reply to: SteveMDennis

The base part we received from vendor is a stp. and is 80MB. It is a surface file, and now that I have done some more investigating, there is a problem with the composite...

Is this the cause of my problem?

Attached is screen shot of orginal file from vendor.

Message 8 of 9
moretti999

Can you share the model so I can replicate an issue?

AM
Message 9 of 9
chance1080p
in reply to: moretti999

Here is the file.. 

it is taking awhile to load it, or either my internet has slowed down. 

it will not let me attach it, what can i save a stp file as and attach it here?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums