Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing multiple view reps of a sheet metal part...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KF090
397 Views, 4 Replies

Showing multiple view reps of a sheet metal part...

I have a part in which one of the folds needs to be done at assembly and not during manufacturing of the other bends.

Is there a way I can show this so that the manufacturing print sees exactly what they need to do and nothing more but then on the unit assembly the assemblers see that the unfolded tab needs to be folded down?

Can this be done all in one part file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
japike
in reply to: KF090

That would be sweet, but I don't think that's possible. You could, of course, make a second part that is derived from the first and add a fold. We just put a bold, large font, underlined note on the drawing in the hope that, if they look at the drawing, they might notice the note.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: japike

make it an ipart and suppress the bend for one of the members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
japike
in reply to: mcgyvr

That works nice. Just need to use fold instead of bend so the unformed metal shows up in the unformed view.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 5 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: KF090

@KF090 wrote:

Can this be done all in one part file?

Hi KF090, 

I think an iPart is the way to go, as others mentioned. But it will result in multiple part files. Just be sure you set the Part Number and other iProperties to match and then either both versions will be considered the same part in the BOM.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report