Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase 2015 for subscription users

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
mcgyvr
1165 Views, 22 Replies

Showcase 2015 for subscription users

Did I miss what us subscription users who were given Showcase back are supposed to do to install/activate it?

I expected to see it on the subscription site but its not there? 

Or has Autodesk just not gotten around to adding it yet? or what?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
jletcher
in reply to: mcgyvr

I downloaded my clients software it was included in the package it was not a seperate download for them anyway..

When I installed Inventor it was there....

Message 3 of 23
mdavis22569

I thought I got an email post that a link will be made available soon to all subscription holders ... but it just didn't list a date. Email I received From Autodesk… Due to the feedback we received from customers through our sales team and partners in the last couple of weeks I am happy to announce that we were able to respond quickly. Autodesk® Product Design Suite 2015 customers will be able to use Autodesk® Showcase 2015 and Autodesk® Alias Design 2015 at no extra charge. • We will deliver both products to all PrDS 2015 customers (including non-subscribers) • Showcase 2015 will be made available for both Product Design Suites Premium and Ultimate 2015 editions by end of Q1 and will check for appropriate licensing to run • Alias Design 2015 will be made available for Product Design Suite Ultimate only by end of Q1 and will check for a Ultimate 2015 license to run

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 23
blair
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks, I can't wait. Trying how to get my Inventor models into LAGOA. What's even worse, is ADSK employees show us renders from the Cloud and all we get on Subscription is Cloud based Revit rendering. Nice! I guess I can transfer my model to Revit and then buy a Revit license and upload it to the Cloud.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 23
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mdavis22569

Showcase 2015 will be made available for both Product Design Suites Premium and Ultimate 2015 editions by end of Q1 and will check for appropriate licensing to run • Alias Design 2015 will be made available for Product Design Suite Ultimate only by end of Q1 and will check for a Ultimate 2015 license to run

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo by 31MAR2015, then?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 23
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: LT.Rusty

End of Q1 for Autodesk == End of April, so hopefully you should it next week.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 23
bob_holland

mcgyvr,

Please try this again.

Others seem to be seeing it show up for them.

Let us know.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 9 of 23
blair
in reply to: bob_holland

Is it stand-alone or incorporated in PDSU?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 23
bob_holland
in reply to: blair

blair,

It should be a standalone install.

FYI

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 11 of 23
mcgyvr
in reply to: bob_holland

@bob.holland wrote:

mcgyvr,

Please try this again.

Others seem to be seeing it show up for them.

Let us know.

Nope still not there..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 12 of 23
blair

Nothing on mine either. Must have posted to many comments about the programmers at ADSK as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: blair

Hello all!

Apologies for the confusion regarding the Showcase 2015 download link issue. We are currently working towards a solution and I will be sure to update this thread once that happens. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you!

Update: If you would like to download your Autodesk Showcase 2015 product please visit our Virtual Agent.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 23
Rory_M
in reply to: jessica.t

Which serial number should we use?

We have a standalone copy of showcase (for a non PDSU PC), so I have downloaded it via the link in subscription centre.

I've used that download image to install the software on to a machine with PDSU on it. Is this correct or will there be a separate "PDSU edition"?

Using the image I have, should I be able to use the PDSU serial number to authorise it? It says that it's invalid when I try.

Thanks for any advice

Rory

Message 15 of 23
jessica.t
in reply to: Rory_M

Hi @Rory_M!

I will send your Autodesk Showcase 2015 serial number to you in a private message. In the future, you should be able to find your serial number in your Subscription Center account.

If you have any other questions please respond to this post.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 16 of 23
Rory_M
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica, thanks for the message and your help on this. You've asked me to respond in this thread so here we go:

Unfortunately, the serial number you've supplied isn't the one I'm looking for.

We have a number of Product Design Suite Ultimate licenses, which obviously came with Showcase "in the box" in 2014.

As I understand it, Showcase was initially removed, and then added back to the 2015 version. 

I'm looking to install this Showcase that is part of our PDSU 2015 suite.

The serial number you have given me is for a completely separate Showcase network license that we have which is reserved for machines that don't have PDSU installed.

I've tried to use the PDSU serial number for Showcase on these PDSU machines but it won't accept it.

Does this make sense? If not please let me know.

Regards

Rory

Edit - Just had another look at the downloads section.

We originally had Showcase 2015 available for download as a seperate entity. This is because we have a network license of it that isn't part of a suite. At that point I downloaded everything, this was the only Showcase available to me.

There is now a link to another Showcase download which is listed as part of PDSU 2015. This wasn't there the other day when I downloaded and installed PDSU.

I've used the standalone Showcase installer. Should I uninstall and download and use the one that's listed underneath PDSU with my PDSU serial?

This is getting complicated....!

Message 17 of 23
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Rory_M

Hi Rory,

Yes it's complicated....

There are 2 versions of Showcase 2015. The first version does not run with a PrDS license, but the second version gained this capability. You've already discovered this...

So yes, you can only license Showcase from a PrDS license by actually installing from the later Showcase download. Code was changed to put the suite license cascading in place. You'll need to uninstall & then reinstall, unfortunately.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 23
Rory_M
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thanks for the confirmation. We're all up and running now

Regards

Rory

Message 19 of 23

Hello Chris,

We are subscription customers.  Where do I go to download the subscription version of Showcase 2015?  Please let me know because I'm unable to download from the Virtual Agent.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 20 of 23
blair
in reply to: jweiss1313

It shows up in your Subscription account, in the Down-Load Sections. You need to find where your Product Design Suite 2015 is located, then select it, then scroll down to the end for either the 32 or 64 bit version. Seems to work fine using their Down-Load Manager.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report