Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase 2014 - Import Status Failed

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
SeanFarr
3900 Views, 23 Replies

Showcase 2014 - Import Status Failed

I have an Inventor assembly that I am trying to open in Showcase to produce a nice render of.

I get this error, how can I determine what is wrong or how to fix? My assembly doesnt show any errors?

showcase.PNG

Thanks!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
blair
in reply to: SeanFarr

Had this before on Showcase 2013, the service packs for it solved the problem. You might have to wait for a SP for Showcase.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 24
SeanFarr
in reply to: blair

I see, I just installed SP1 for Inventor this morning, wonder if that has any effect on what is happening. You don't know of anyway to determine what is cause the failed import?

I am going to try and remove some components. I have a feeling the imported Deutz Engine and other imported components (non-native inventor files) are causing troubles. 

Thanks!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 4 of 24
blair

The import really doesn't give a item by item report. Possibly it might be nice to have this feature added. Even a report function to show where the process stopped

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 24
blair

There is a patch for Showcase as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 24
matti_keratar

Hi,

have the same problem as well. Cannot import Inventor files into Showcase after updated Inventor SP1.

You said there is a patch for Showcase too but I did not find it.

/matti

Message 7 of 24
gsmith9810

I'll be the first to admitthat our HUGE assemblies aren't always pristine and I've had issues importing into Showcase (2013). One thing that has helped (I think) is shrink wrapping assemblies/subassemblies so that Showcase is importing a part rather than an assembly. I've found that assemblies that open OK in Inventor will sometimes give Showcase problems. I've also had luck (in the past) bringing the assembly into Showcase by way of Navisworks. I know, seems like a lot of trouble. I'll just say that once >>IN<< Showcase, it ends up being worth the effort (as compared to Inventor Studio for example).

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 8 of 24
MingweiGao
in reply to: gsmith9810

Hi,

Do you use the suite workflow from Inventor to Showcase?

If you still has the problem, can you share your dataset to me and I can give more investigation? My email address is Mingwei.gaoDOTautodeskATcom.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 9 of 24
matti_keratar
in reply to: MingweiGao

I have tried both methods: Suite workflow and "import window" in Showcase.

I tried also with general sample material (engine mkII) w/o any success (parts or assemblies)

I have Finnish locales on in my OS. So the decimal separator is comma instead of point and list separator is ";". Sometimes that has been the issue.

/matti

Message 10 of 24
matti_keratar

Message 11 of 24
b.graaf
in reply to: matti_keratar

I have the same problem:

I cannot get any Inventor file into Showcase; no parts, no assemblies. Not from within Showcase and not with the workflow button in Inventor.

My system:

Windows 8.1 (not the smartest update, better wait a little longer)

Inventor 2014 SP1, update 1

Showcase 2014

The hotfix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22443084&linkID=9240858

did not help

Message 12 of 24
blair

Nope, user/poster is on Win7-64.

Showcase just needs to play with Inventor better.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 24
b.graaf

@blair:
The operating system may be different, but the error message and the problem are the same!
So, perhaps the same thing causes our problem.

In the past,I had no problems with Inventor files in Showcase.

Other files, like step files are no problem to insert in a Showcase file either...
Message 14 of 24
BrotherkennyhDWR

I am also having the same error.

I am able to import parts or sub assemblies from the file I am trying to import, but not the main assembly.

Any news on how to fix this?

Cheers

Kenny

Message 15 of 24
lucas06

I have the same problem...

No idea to fix it

The most funny is that the every kind of models like CATIA and so on are working in showcase but part of the AUTODESK software is not working ...

i can only dream about workflow button in inventor casue i have never seen that working from 2012 till now 

my last hope is inventor publisher ... 2013.1 but this is only swansong

How it has happened with autodesk  ??

Message 16 of 24

Hello Kenny,

It looks like a data related issue. The specific dataset for the failure will be very useful for us to diagnose the problem. I am really appreciated if you can share your datasets to me (Mingwei.gao@autodesk.com). We will keep your datasets in confidential.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 17 of 24
William1337
in reply to: b.graaf

Having the same problem, every import fails. i would be happy to send you dataset, but what is this? the file/s i try to import?

Message 18 of 24
MingweiGao
in reply to: William1337

Hi William, Recently, I got the below solution for Guilherme and it resolved his peoblem. Can you have a try it: There is a hotfix about this issue and the details as the following link: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/showcase/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Import... But the link of the download seems not available and I found the following link can download the hotfix: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/model-documentation-h... Please note the description of this hotfix: This AutoCAD hotfix affects all Autodesk software that uses the Inventor server engine. In the Readme, the location where the hotfix file is to be copied lists an AutoCAD path. To resolve the issue for Autodesk 3ds Max or Autodesk Showcase, download the ZIP file and copy the included rse.dll file into the correct path for your product: Autodesk 3DS Max: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\Inventor Server\Bin\ Autodesk 3DS Max Design: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2014\Inventor Server\Bin\ Autodesk Showcase: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Showcase 2014\bin\Inventor Server\Bin

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 19 of 24
matti_keratar
in reply to: William1337

I found some similar issues from other users (multiple applications) and they updated rse.dll to application's Inventor Server\Bin folder
See http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Importi...
Haven't tested yet.
/matti
Message 20 of 24
William1337
in reply to: MingweiGao

@MingweiGao wrote:
Hi William, Recently, I got the below solution for Guilherme and it resolved his peoblem. Can you have a try it: There is a hotfix about this issue and the details as the following link: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/showcase/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Import... But the link of the download seems not available and I found the following link can download the hotfix: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/model-documentation-h... Please note the description of this hotfix: This AutoCAD hotfix affects all Autodesk software that uses the Inventor server engine. In the Readme, the location where the hotfix file is to be copied lists an AutoCAD path. To resolve the issue for Autodesk 3ds Max or Autodesk Showcase, download the ZIP file and copy the included rse.dll file into the correct path for your product: Autodesk 3DS Max: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\Inventor Server\Bin\ Autodesk 3DS Max Design: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2014\Inventor Server\Bin\ Autodesk Showcase: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Showcase 2014\bin\Inventor Server\Bin

It works! thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report