Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show thread features in drawing view by default

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djohnson1976
1948 Views, 3 Replies

Show thread features in drawing view by default

When you have a part with a thread feature, the default setting should show the thread feature in the drawing view...rather than making the user right click the view and select "Display Thread Feature". I don't understand why this doesn't show up in the drawing automatically...it is, after all, a feature on the part.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

"Should show" and "you would like it on by default" are two different things. I agree that IV should at least make this configurable, i.e. set your IDW template to either show it or not show it by default though.
Message 3 of 4
TheRham
in reply to: djohnson1976

I'm going to go ahead and agree... I absolutely want threads shown by default, and am surprised at the notion that someone wouldn't want threads shown.  I suppose it could be problematic in a large assembly.  Anyway, yeah, there should be a way to set that default.  I'm in 2014... is there a way to accomplish this?  I see the comment suggesting to set it that way in your template, but I'm not sure how that can be done... my template doesn't have a view on it.  I mean, how could it?  Is there a way to drop a "blank" view?  What am I missing?

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: TheRham

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Put it here as a suggestion and then post a message in this forum decribing the idea, and ask for kudos on it.  AD really does look at all of these, and have already implemented a few when 2014 came out...

As for right now, I don't know of any way to set it as a default on all views, but I agree it would be nice to have the option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report