Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show the " symbol in dimensions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sgriffith
863 Views, 5 Replies

Show the " symbol in dimensions

How do I make inventor show the " symbol while dimensioning?  It will show when using architectural units but not in decimal.  R2012

Thanks,

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

There is a character map in the dimension dialog box where you can select any symbol you like to use in that dimension, including “. Please see attached image.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: sgriffith

If you want to use it all the time like we do, modify the settings of your dimension style.  Under the Text tab there is a box for Suffix.  If you put the " in there, it will show up an ony dimension placed using that style.

Message 4 of 6
sgriffith
in reply to: cbenner

I have put it in the suffix field, but then that just puts it at the end of the dimension string after tolerance info or any other text that may be added.

The Architectural dimension style puts it in the correct spot, but then the dimension is in ft and fractional inches.  In MDT there was an Engineering dimension style that put the inch symbol in the correct location but it is not available in inventor.

Copying the Architectural dimension style and modifying it also does not work either.

Thanks,

Scott

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 6
cascadety
in reply to: sgriffith

I've run into the same issue using decimal dimensioning and alternate metric units shown I want to display the inch symbol (") not in.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
mslosar
in reply to: cascadety

The bigger question should be who would ever want it listed as 9 in for inches in the first place? The quotation mark is the definitive standard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report