Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut to iProperties

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anthony
5207 Views, 8 Replies

Shortcut to iProperties

Does anyone know of a single click shortcut to Inventors iProperties ? It's a bit of a chore having to do a right click on each part then click the physical tab for each component. Thanks

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Anthony

Go to Tools\Customize\Keyboard Tab.  Scroll down to iproperties in the command list, you can assign whatever keyboard shortcut to it that suits you.  Personally, mine is set to "pp"... why?  'Cause!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
john.laidler

Which version of Inventor?

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 4 of 9
Jonka45

If your talking about assigning materials in the assembly environment, Bill of materials is the easiest place to assign them. Click BOM, enable parts only view, column chooser, double click materials to place the column on screen then double click the cell for the required part and assign a material...simples.

On saving all iproprties for the parts will update and save.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Inventor 2022 Proffesional
Alienware Aurora R8
Windows 10 pro
Inside Leg 35 inch
Message 5 of 9
GC_
Contributor
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks this pointed me in the right direction , I assigned it to update mass so I dont need to go into iprop

Message 6 of 9
GC_
Contributor

Further to this , I cant find the iProperties to a part in an assembly.  The solution above works only for the top level file .  Im trying to do it for a part - The pop up title = ([Primary ]) iProperties but there is no listing for this 

GC__0-1697447627489.png

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: GC_

Hi! It should just work. All the iProperties the particular part are associated with should be viewable via the dialog. Please share the files here. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Manyt thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9
ryano

johnsonshiue,

As GC_ was saying, adding a keyboard shortcut to iProperties in Tools\Customize\Keyboard Tab does not do what we are wanting. When in an .iam file, this shortcut opens the iProperties window for the top level assembly. We were hoping for a shortcut to open the iProperties window for the selected .ipt part inside the top level assembly. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ryano

Hi! Unfortunately, it is not available yet. Please feel free to submit it as an idea to Inventor Ideas forum.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report