Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut key for macro doesn't stick

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cwhetten
1564 Views, 8 Replies

Shortcut key for macro doesn't stick

I use this macro to toggle my browser from Model to Vault, and have since IV2009, and I have always used a shortcut key combination to access it.  Now that I have installed 2012, the keyboard shortcut doesn't stick.  Every time I close Inventor and re-open it, I have to reassign the key combination to this macro.  This equals annoying!  Smiley Mad

Anyone else had trouble with keyboard shortcuts for macros?  Maybe I didn't properly implement the macro in VB?  I attached a screenshot of my Default.ivb, in case that helps.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
howardlee306
in reply to: cwhetten

Hi. I have the same problem with other things. My Ilogic toolbar moves around when I open files, restart, etc, Everytime I get an error and I select never tell me this again, it comes up the next time I start Inventor. I was never able to figure out the problem. I have a question for you however, Is your install on the same drive as your windows? Widnows 7 does some strange things sometimes. We have 3 seats and mine is the only one installed on a different drive. Mine is also the only one that does this so I wonder if that could be causing it.

Message 3 of 9
cwhetten

I found another post regarding this issue.  Apparently the issue is known and may be addressed later.  The other post is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2012-keyboard-customization-does-not-hold/m...

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

We're having the same problem, though SP1 is already installed.

Setting a shortcut key for a macro works only during the active Inventor session, when Inventor is closed the setting is gone.

How can this be fixed?

Message 5 of 9
AJK2010
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use an alias that is not used. An alias sticks and a shortcut won't. (autodesk please solve this bug!!!)

Message 6 of 9
NathanGMartin
in reply to: AJK2010

Still broken in 2013 SP2.

Guys.
Message 7 of 9
cwhetten
in reply to: NathanGMartin

The problem seems to have been fixed in version 2014.

This is no consolation to those of you on 2012 and 2013, but my sanity has been partially restored.  Hopefully they won't break it again in a future release!

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 8 of 9
davidgwoolard

I am having this same problem in IV 2013.  I saved the "V" and "N" keys as separate macros, and made sure those keys were not assigned to anything else.  They work fine during the open Inventor session.  When I close and reopen the progam, the shortcut keys do not work at first.  If I go to "Tools>Customize", the shortcuts are still saved.  I then close the window and they work again.  Its like the shorcuts are saved, but they are not active until I open the "Customize" window. 

Is there a fix for this in 2013?  If not, could I use a macro to activate these shortcuts when inventor opens?

Thank you

2014-09-04 16_13_37-Customize.jpg 

Message 9 of 9
AJK2010
in reply to: davidgwoolard

Hey,

I made an add-in for my macros and now I use this code to load the shortcut's:

‘assign shortcut key’s for functions in the drawingenvironment.

Private Sub oUserEvents_OnEnvironmentChange(ByVal Environment As Inventor.Environment, ByVal EnvironmentState As Inventor.EnvironmentStateEnum, ByVal BeforeOrAfter As Inventor.EventTimingEnum, ByVal Context As Inventor.NameValueMap, ByRef HandlingCode As Inventor.HandlingCodeEnum) Handles oUserEvents.OnEnvironmentChange

If BeforeOrAfter = EventTimingEnum.kAfter Then

If Environment.InternalName = "DLxDrawingEnvironment" Then

oBtnMacro1.OverrideShortcut = "p"

oBtnMacro2.OverrideShortcut = "a"

oBtnMacro3.OverrideShortcut = "u"

Else

oBtnMacro1.OverrideShortcut = ""

oBtnMacro2.OverrideShortcut = ""

oBtnMacro3.OverrideShortcut = ""

End If

End If

End Sub

Every macro has a Button assigned.

Grz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report