Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorcut keys

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dominiek_vanwest
670 Views, 9 Replies

Shorcut keys

Hi,

I would like to put C as shorcutkey for Constraint (in Assembly) and C as Center Point Circle (in Sketch).

But when I am in an assembly and push C, I still get the 2 options that I can choose (even though I am in an assembly and Circle has no function there). And because it's alfabetically sorted I get the Circle first.

This means to use the Constraint fuction I have to push 3 buttons on my keyboard: C, arrow down, Enter.

I'd like to be able just to push C (like it was in previous versions).

Why has this changed and how can I change it back?

Thanks in advance,

Dominiek

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: dominiek_vanwest

Yeah.. Its a bug (limitation maybe)..  Not sure how long its been like that.. I only set C to constraint and circle is set up as ctrl+shift+C like I would ever use that..

I only use a few hotkeys so I've never come across the problem..  But inventor is broken. 🙂 

Maybe it happened with 2015 as "T" in an IDW creates a sketch text and not regular annotation text. Which is the one that "bugs" me. (supposed to be fixed sometime)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
andrewiv
in reply to: dominiek_vanwest

Works fine for me in 2014

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 4 of 10
andrewiv
in reply to: andrewiv

I think I just figured it out.  If you go into the customize command, on the keyboard tab there is a box for "Use default mult-character Command Aliases", uncheck this and it should work as you are expecting.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 5 of 10
dominiek_vanwest
in reply to: andrewiv

That doesn't work Andrew

Message 6 of 10

The behaviour is unfortunately different in Inventor 2015 and it is due to some changes in the Sketch UI in the new Inventor version. If you reset all keys in Keyboard customization dialog, the center point circle will have different shortcut - Ctrl+Shift+C. Then, when you use C in assembly environment, only constraint dialog will appear.  If both commands have C as shortcut, they will be two options displayed in this case.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

@Daniela_Koloszko wrote:

The behaviour is unfortunately different in Inventor 2015 and it is due to some changes in the Sketch UI in the new Inventor version. If you reset all keys in Keyboard customization dialog, the center point circle will have different shortcut - Ctrl+Shift+C. Then, when you use C in assembly environment, only constraint dialog will appear.  If both commands have C as shortcut, they will be two options displayed in this case.

Daniela,

Are these issues.. (and the "T" shortcut in idw creating a sketch) scheduled to be fixed shortly? (like in SP1 due out in Sept)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 10
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: mcgyvr

Could yo please let me know the case number where you reported already this issue so that I can check the current status?

Daniela Koloszko

Message 9 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

Chris Mitchell created a defect ticket (or whatever it's called), but he didn't provide a number.http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/display-option-thread-feature-off-by-defau...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 10
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: mrattray

After checking this, I can confirm that the issue is solved in SP1 for Inventor 2015. This is also noted in the ReadMe file of Service pack 1. The service pack will be released in two weeks time.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report