Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shell on loft

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
picozon1
496 Views, 7 Replies

shell on loft

I have a loft from round to square. I am trying to create a shell for entire part to obtain the studs.

I manage to create the shell only for flat feature, but I can’t create a shell on the others. Please help.

Thanks,

Picozon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: picozon1

Hi!

You can adopt another approach to the problem. Delete the faces.

Edit the " Delete faces" in the attached ipt, and continue deleting the faces until you have only the studs surfaces.

If you post the original part (before the holes), i can give you a way better solution.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

1.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

HI!

Download the ipt here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108503790/studs_.zip

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
picozon1

Here is the previous solid that I created for studs.

Thank you,

Picozon

Message 5 of 8
picozon1

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help!

Regards,

Picozon

Message 6 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108503790/CONE_NO_HOLES.zip

Open the CONE_STUDS and check it.

Are you a novice Inventor user?

I've to tell you some things about your part...

When you design sheet metal, one of the objectives is achieve the flat pattern to cut.

You have two parts within your file, it's better to have this parts separated in two files and place both in one assembly, that way you achieve the flat pattern for both sheet metal pieces.

If you have questions about it, post here or email me.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
picozon1

1. Do you have a better idea to have those studs exactly perpendicular on the casing (sheet metal)?  And also the location of these studs needs to be exactly on the location of the holes in the liners (sheet metal). The distance between casing and liners is aproximate 4 inch. The studs of course must be perpendicular on the casing. The exterior is the casing, the interior is the liner sheets. That is the reason that I used sheet metal! I can’t send the drawing for fabrication with some gap between my casing and those studs.
  2. This part I used as a solid in 4 different parts. I need link between them for future modification.

Thank you,

Picozon.

Message 8 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

I think i'm not understanding all the picture... "casing and liners, perpendicular in/out"...Smiley Frustrated

I can only say that:  if you wanna have the holes perfectly perpendicular, you have to do the holes when the plate is flat.

...And, it´s ok if you have the parts separated (as in the real world), you can always have one part with references and information from other parts. No need to have this 4 solids inside one ipt. Sheet metal doesnt work with multisolid options.

A question: In real world to produce the parts, you will create the bores on the sheet flattened(before bending it), or you will bore the part when it will be already bended?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report