Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
388 Views, 3 Replies

Shell issue

Hi there,

I trying to shell this hull to a thickness of 30mm and not thinner than that, especially not at the bow. This method worked out fine with another hull but this one is ruining my day.

I hope someone could help me out and make my day!

thanks in advance.

I work with Inventor 2014

D29.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hossaiy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bart0602,

Firstly, sorry for the slow reply. Maybe you have already got past this issue, but just in case, i have attached a part file which i believe is what you were trying to achieve. Let me know if it's not quite right.

Thanks,

Yacoub

Yacoub Hossain
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hossaiy

I got one question though. What is exactly the difference between your and my method?
Message 4 of 4
hossaiy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bart0602,

Actually not a lot. There was nothing obviously wrong with your work-flow, and I have logged an issue for us to internally investigate further regarding this.

However the only real difference between our methods is with the front bit (circled in red below). Mine consists of 2 faces. I ended up with 2 faces because before i did the mirror of the other half of the hull, I did the loft first, then trimmed it back to the xz plane (as highlighted in the feature tree below). Then i relied on the mirror command to construct the other half  of the boat hull and everything else was pretty much the same as the way you did after that.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for marking accepted as solution.

Yacoub Hossain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report