Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shell issue (attachment)

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
fprico
832 Views, 12 Replies

shell issue (attachment)

I have a solid body but Inventor cant make the shell with the thicken I specified, it can if I input a lower value, but it is too thin . I need to do a shell whit a thicken of  2.9 mm. how can I solve the issue

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: fprico

Are you able to use the shell command with the smaller setting and then use 'Thicken/Offset' to increase the thickness of the part to your desired level?

Message 3 of 13
fprico
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks for respond, yes but It can t make it to all the faces only with some of them

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

To be honest, I don't see anything in your part that would prevent either method from working. You don't appear to have any sharp inaccessable corners or the like so I'm at a loss to explain why it's not working.

Suffice to say that I'm seeing a lot of this kind of problem in 2013, the fillet command, for example, seems to be very touchy these days also. It seems that something is out of whack that's for sure .... lol

Are you able to post the part here?

And what version of Inventor are you using?

Message 5 of 13
fprico

yes, I am using the 2013 version, I will try to download the 2012. I attach the files they are two parts

Message 6 of 13
fprico

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

There's a problem with your zip files. It appears that you created multipart zip archives but you haven't included all the files for those archives.

You should be able to attach the raw part file here though.

Message 8 of 13
fprico

yes I tried but the file is too big and I can t passed from here the limit is 1.55 mb, If you want I could send you to your email

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

In that case, you can email them to me

trumpy81 at optusnet dot com dot au

Message 10 of 13
fprico

trumpy81@optusnet.com.au   is it like this, sorry I couldnt  understand the arroba

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

yes that is it 🙂

Message 12 of 13
fprico

ok I have already send it

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Fer, I looked at the files you sent but I was unable to shell either of these files. there are also some missing files associated with the two you sent. Part2.wire and Part3.wire are missing.

In part.ipt the top of the part is too small to have a 2.9mm wall thickness. It would mean there would be a gap of less than 0.6mm between the two walls and that would prove extremely difficult to manufacture, and probably why Inventor is failing to shell that part. I think there may be other problems with this part also.

In the other file, part2.ipt, there seems to be a problem with your geometry, although I couldn't track it down to anything  specific.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report