Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Storage Bin, and bending sheetmetal - Design issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jeddell
449 Views, 6 Replies

Sheetmetal Storage Bin, and bending sheetmetal - Design issue

Hi all,

I've attached a Storage bin which is a specific design, prett obscure. I have manage to get the main sheet bent, but I'm having problems shaping the ends. 

I've tried using work planes based on three points and a number of other methods, but when I come to placing the coaming for the top, I cant make the bend past 90 Degrees and the end plates just dont seem to look quite right

Any advice on how I can get the end sections modelled?

Cheers

Dean

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: jeddell

Hi!!

Which version you are using?

In attach i send you 2 files(ipt for inv 2014 and a step file). It´s only one of the possibilities to model this part.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
yannick3

Hi

I think you did use a lot of feature for this simple task. keep in mind to reduce the feature to buid your model

Attachment is quick exemple how to build your model, i take only 5 minutes max

PS Carlos, the OP use 2013, the find that you use window explorer, Inventor file RMB, property, iproperty tab, clic on iproperty button, on the new window select Detail tab

file  window property.JPG

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 4 of 7
jeddell

Gents, Thanks for the models. I am acutely aware that my learning curve is still very steep. I see that there are a lot of feature you have used that I just don't yet understand. Ie corners, flanges and cuts. And I'll apologize now for any future simple models I submit for assistance due to my lack of understanding. It will get better. Can you point me to any video tutorials to start learning how to use the features you have used? Cheers Dean
Message 5 of 7
jeddell

So I've been looking at how you did this and I'm rebuilding it from scratch to get an understanding of the features. This is re-enforcing my choice of programs!

One quick question. How did you detirmine the angle at feature Two?

I'm guessing you looked at my sketches and did some measurements, but when I sketched this box I only have lengths, widths and heights.

I can sketch the dimensions captured, but I still cant find a way of measuring the angle.

Also, Sketch 6, which is consumed by face 1, How did youdetermine the 0.304 measurement? I can see no reference point or why this was determined.

Message 6 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: yannick3

Hi!

I realized that "version issue" too late and i doesn't had time to repeat in 2013 version.

Thanks for the tip, though.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
yannick3

Hi

Aws-1: I think if you use false set square combine with protractor, you will be able to mesure the angle

Aws-2: this distance have no importance i have use this mesure to show you that you can create face without joining to another face, and you can avoid this mesure, i use this technic because the face feature hide a bunch of "inside feature"

keep in mind i did in less than 5 minutes. i think it`s good exemple for you

you can take a look  on the Inventor Help, sheet metal section

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report