Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Pipe coping template

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
autorestorer
836 Views, 7 Replies

Sheetmetal Pipe coping template

l am trying to create a coping template for a pipe to pipe cope. I started with pipe from the Component library then converted it to a sheetmetal part, next I created a rip through the pipe wall. When I try to unfold the pipe it appears that all the edges are being unfolded. I have tried many different ways to do this but the results are pretty much the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: autorestorer

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
autorestorer
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks this is the first time I try to post anything, hopefully this is correct.

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Your Rip feature does not go all the way through the part?

Rip.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Since the coped edge is not perpendicular to the flat - might have to help Inventor out a bit (see attached).

Message 6 of 8
autorestorer

This is exactly what I was trying to do, can you explain how you were able to get the RIP to go all the way through? I am new to inventor and trying to learn as I go. I have a few others I need to do similar to this, I have one coping pipe coping to a pipe cap, and I am having the same trouble. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks for the response.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

You should be able to "reverse-engineer" my example.

Examine the feature tree.  What do you see different?

Message 8 of 8
autorestorer

I want to thank you, this method works great. I have created multiple parts using your suggestion, and it worked flawlessly. 

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report