Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Lofted Flange Facet Distance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrattray
402 Views, 3 Replies

Sheetmetal Lofted Flange Facet Distance

Is it possible to load the Sheetmetal lofted flange facet distance value with a minimum, instead of what appears to be a maximum, value?  I want to tell Inventor to make my transitions as fine as possible without exceeding my press brakes minimum material limitation of .375".

Thanks,

Mike

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewdroth
in reply to: mrattray

I'm dredging up a 6 year old thread because it's crazy it still works this way.

Shouldn't the Facet Distance control the minimum? Why would you control the max?

Feature DialogFeature DialogLong EdgeLong EdgeShort EdgeShort Edge

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: andrewdroth

Hi Andrew,

This is partially design choice and also finding a good solution (converge) quicker. Imagine, if the setting is to control minimum distance, essentially there will be endless number of solutions for any given set of sections. Setting maximum allows Inventor to facet the section more quickly. Is there a reason that setting minimum is a preferred approach?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
andrewdroth
in reply to: johnsonshiue

A minimum if preferred in this scenario as I'd like to make the shape as tight to the ideal form without exceeding the limitations of the press brake.

In this case I've been given the tightest Facet Distance the press brake can achieve for this thickness of material, and I'd like to use that as the governing dimension.

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report