Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Flat Pattern Errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CrAzY-MiKe
868 Views, 2 Replies

Sheetmetal Flat Pattern Errors

I have attached a small Sheetmetal I-Part that is fairly representative of a lot of the work we wish to accomplish using Inventor. Stepping through the table and activating each row therein changes the model smoothly and there are no errors. But as soon as I create a flat pattern for ANY of the rows, I get the error message shown in the first of the attached JPEG images. When I choose Accept, Inventor creates the Flat Pattern, but there are no errors that I can discover (see 2nd JPEG), not even when I expand all the children.

Now that a Flat Pattern exists, activating other rows of the Table result in the error message each time. Delete the Flat Pattern and stepping through the Table returns no errors at all. The folded part is robust and the flat patterns have no interferences or obvious errors, so I am mystified and wonder if anyone can shed some light on this.

Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jddrinkwater
in reply to: CrAzY-MiKe

I'm still on 2012, so i couldn't look at the parts in question, but i will give the same advice i give to everyone here: try changing the bend radius.  Don't ask me why, but IV seems very particular about the bend radius, and sometimes bumping it, even by a few thou up or down is enough to clear these types of phantom errors.

I hope this helps!

John

Message 3 of 3
CrAzY-MiKe
in reply to: CrAzY-MiKe

Thanks, but the problem here is that a bunch of bends converge on a single point, and Inventor automatically subtracts as much material as needed so the bend extents don't overlap. Then I'm adding a standard Flange. Here's a snapshot of the model you couldn't open...

Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report