Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Unfold Rule

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
grant
603 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Metal Unfold Rule

When Using Sheet Metal, in the Sheet Metal Defaults how do i know which Unfold Rule to use?

When do i use "Default_Kfactor" and when do i use "BendCompensation"?

Are there set thickness's where i will use the one and not the other?

As ive noticed that there is a diference to the unfold flat pattern when using either one.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: grant

These are experienced based settings.

Do you make these parts on-site, or do you send the design to someone else to manufacture?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
grant
in reply to: JDMather

The designs are to be sent off for other companies to manufacture.

Message 4 of 7
XXL_darth
in reply to: JDMather

Good Day Sr.

I am in a bit of trouble with an assembly and for what I´ve seen, you´re quite the Guru on Inventor so I plea for your help and knowlege.  My problem is as follows:

Is there a way to do rod design just like in sheet metal? I am trying to assemble a bottle rack, these product looks like a dish dryer like the ones moms have next to the kitchen sink, so they can air dry, I am attaching a picture of the example not the product in fact, but it is simmilar in the metal part, with bent rods and such.

My problem is not modeling each part, I can extrude them or make a sweep, but when I try to assemble them, due to tangents and distances I can´t assemble them the way I want them to. I would really appreciate if you had any tips on how to do these kind of assemblies, becaus it´s really becoming a pain in... well... everywhere hehehehe.

Sorry to bother you and please excuse my poor english since it is not my first language.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Marco

3.jpg

Message 5 of 7
grant
in reply to: XXL_darth

Hi Marco

Try creating working planes in each part, offset the planes with the distances you would like the parts to be constrained from other parts, then constrain the parts together using the working planes.

Hope you come right

Message 6 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: grant

@GRANT wrote:

The designs are to be sent off for other companies to manufacture. 

Unless you work very very very closely with these companies - I recommend that you DO NOT specify the flat pattern.

Give them only the finished dimensions of the folded part - and they will determine the bend allowances they need for their machinery to properly bend to the finished dimensions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: XXL_darth

@XXL_darth wrote:

Good Day Sr.

I am in a bit of trouble with an assembly ... 

3.jpg

Different problem - start a new thread.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report