Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Mecatriel
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Sheet metal thickness

143 Views, 1 Replies
09-24-2013 09:13 AM

Hi! I would like to automate my drawings a little but further than it already is.

I would like to know how to add the name of the sheet metal rule used in my drawings.

For example, in these rules, I have "11 GA" "14 GA" "SS 11 GA" and "SS 14 GA", etc...

I would like to be able to add this name to my drawing when I create it. How can I achieve this?

i have attached a picture showing what I would like to add to my drawings.

Thanks a lot guys!

Mecatriel
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: Sheet metal thickness

09-24-2013 09:21 AM in reply to: Mecatriel

Nevermind I have found it, I created a variable named "TypeMaterial" and entered this equation "=<Sheet Metal Rule>"

Now, what I would need is to be able to show it only when the model used is a sheet metal.

Is it possible? If so, how can I achieve this? (I would prefer without iLogic, but if this isn't possible I will go with iLogic)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.