Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Thickness and Bend Tables

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
D_FControls
560 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet Metal Thickness and Bend Tables

We use custom bend tables and sheet metal rules for creating our sheet metal parts. Whoever created the rules though used thicknesses that were not quite right (ie 10Ga thickness is 3.5103 mm instead of 3.416 mm). I'm working to correct the thicknesses, but have two questions: 1) Will changing the thickness now affect parts that were created long ago? 2) In our Design Data folder there are files "SheetMetalRules.xml", "SheetMetalUnfold.xml" and there is a "Bend Tables" folder which contains "Bend Table (mm).xls" and "Bend Table (mm).txt". What is the relationship between all these files? Do the files in the "Bend Tables" folder actually do anything? Thanks, DF Inventor Professional 2014
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: D_FControls

1) will it fix the old ones ... NO. Unless you go into them and update them. 2) Yes they do a lot. If you go into your Sheet Metal Defaults and change stuff, add stuff, change BendCompensation, it adjust all of these files..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
D_FControls
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks Michael, so where do I change the thickness, so that all the design data files get updated?
Message 4 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: D_FControls

The best way in my opinion is to go into the sheetmetal IPT templates and click Sheet Metal Defaults Tab Then under Sheet Metal Rule, click the pencil icon .. This would bring up the Styles and Standard Editor .... add them as needed ... set up your bendcompensations .. KFactor etc

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report