Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Styles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
keith.woodford
230 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal Styles

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me find a way of accessing a sheet metal style in a IDW. I want to make sure there are no problems in manufacture so want to have a sketched symbol that references the model properties of the part model. this is fine for material but I would like to do the same for the sheet metal style. I can then drop the box into the drawing and it will display the material and the sheet metal style used. any ideas ????

keith
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: keith.woodford

Keith, I am also using sheet metal styles and materials on my drawings. I reconfigured my materials list in Inventor to reflect my shop materials selection, including inventory part numbers. So, I pull the material field into the title block which displays "Alum, Sheet, .190, 3003 PVC-1 036-15463". I couldn't find an efficient way to grab styles information. David Moore-Sargent
Message 3 of 3

dave

same boat as you. my drawings bring everyting from the model so we are totally model centric. this i find works real well and im simply staggered at how many users i see who dont.. !!!! but i would really like to get the styles input as well. looks like the only way is VBA and im not familiar enough to get that sorted out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report