Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Rule Material

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ebuckner
647 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal Rule Material

Kicking our first test seat of Inv2015 Ultimate and have run into an interesting little issue in the sheet metal environment.

Shouldn't sheet metal rules bring the material specified in the rule to the part it is being applied to?

I know in 2012 it did, used to say something like By Rule (SS316L) etc..

On this seat it appears to default to A36 (which isn't called out in any of the rules, I checked) and when a different rule is selected it doesn't change the material of the part.

I bet it's a toggle somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

Anyone know where to allow sheet metal rules to define part material?

Thanks,

Eric

Inventor 2012 Pro 64bit
Vault 2012 Pro Admin
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel Xeon E5-2643 @ 3.30GHz
32GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K5000

TESTING INV2015ULTIMATE 64BIT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
petestrycharske
in reply to: ebuckner

Eric,

I just double checked on my Inventor 2015 and you should have an option, sort of towards the top of your list of materials in the Sheet Metal Defaults, that is called "By Sheet Metal Rule (<Material Here>)".  Switch to that option and see if that helps you?  I bet that someone set the material to be A36, which overrides the Sheet Metal rule.  Let us know if this gets you what you need.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Sheet Metal Material.png

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
ebuckner
in reply to: petestrycharske

Nice, thanks! That was it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report