Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal pattern holes creation - help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeromecastaneda
566 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal pattern holes creation - help

Hello dear inventors,

I have a challenge of creating a large amount of punch holes for sheet metal. Please see attached image for more info.

I'm facing performance issue when inserting punch hole to center points. It is also a pain when I patterned a hole or a set of holes.

I'll appreciate any help.

Is it possible to create a template of holes (like in the image) as a punch tool (ide)?

Thanks

Jerome 

http://engr.jeromecastaneda.com/
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” - Albert Pine
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Jerome,

Please clarify your work flow and your problem.  Are you creating a hole feature from a sketch?  Do all the holes have the same dimensions or are there more than one type of hole?  It looks like your forgot to attach a picture.  I saw a post from someone with a similar situation.  They created a hole pattern in AutoCAD and imported it into a sketch.  What happens when you click OK in the Hole dialog box?

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: jeromecastaneda

The attached file is Inventor 2011 format, EOP rolled up.  It's similar to what you're trying to do, though it is a full disk rather than a partial.  Note that because of the mirror and array features, there are coincident holes, which means a hole annotation note in the drawing will not have the correct number of holes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report