Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal part problem

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
657 Views, 12 Replies

Sheet metal part problem

Hi,

I am having a headache to finish this sheet metal part of.
I want to be able to get the bent lip in the center to meet the other bends on both left and right side and then cut the rest of on each side, But cant find a way to do this.
They will be welded in the final part and should be somewhat close so that a weald is possible.

Maybe a bad explanation But if I am not clear please let me know.

Regards, Esa

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jletcher
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok have your part but not understanding how you want the sides to meet..

Like This

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: jletcher

Yeaah, not easy to understand my explanation But now I got a .jpg file that hopwfully will show what I want.

The white line should meet up with the yellow and the black area should be removed.

The bent lip in the center of the part should be the same lengt as it is now to meet up with some other sheet metal part to be welded.

Attached an image of the final product.

Message 4 of 13
jletcher

Did you look at my file? I did enough to show you how to do it.

Message 5 of 13
jletcher

Here is your file done... And I posted your file fixed..

Here.JPG

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Jim,

Yes I did look at the file. I still couln´t figure out how to proceed from that But now I have a clue 🙂

Maybe my brain is locked in a different approach than yours.

You started of with the Face 1 and then did the Flange 4 and 5.

Then you must have made the Flange 8 and extended it to the corner 6 and 7 in an angle and then the Cut 8.

Flange 11 and 12 came, after that you made the Cut 9 and 10.

I did it all the other way by creating the main flanges and then added the flange 8 and tried to

project those adges to cut it off, But i couldn´t get it to work.

SUPER thank´s to you Jim, Your the man.

Reg. Esa

Message 7 of 13
jletcher

Just mark it solved so everyone knows..

Best of luck to ya........

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I actually tried to make a flat pattern of it But it wount really want to go flat.

I will give it some tries to see if I get it to work.

I also received alot of issues when i placed the part in the assembly with alot of constraint problem as quite a few part are projected from this part.

Maybe i should use the feature replace part in the assembly.

Hmm, some brain work in the late hours..

Message 9 of 13
jletcher

Yeah I see why I'll fix it and post in morning for you... As far as the assembly yeah you will have to constrain it again when I removed your flanges the assembly no longer sees them..

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

I will try to make some practice on my part to get the same result as you did and then the constrain part would be out of the way.

Is there something i do wrong as I can´t get it to a flat pattern to then be able to create a .dxf file for the production?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I ended up reconstraining the part in the assembly 🙂

I will give it a few more tries to create my part as your just as a practice.

Thank´s alot man.

Message 12 of 13
jletcher

Here is one that unfolds I did not notice the corners this is where I get upset at Autodesk they will never get it right....

and no you are doing nothing wrong my part will not be able to use the constraints you had. I had to delete almost everything you had to get the results you wanted so the constraints don't see the same edges the only one it might still see is the face I did not delete that..

Message 13 of 13
jletcher

One more thing when you post this is solved you need to pick the person that solved it and give kudos to the guy.. I understand you are new... 

You put the solved on the wrong post.

You can remove it and re pick the solved, pick the one with the new part I just uploaded this way when they pick go to solution it brings them to the right post....

Good luck......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report