Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ortem
201 Views, 1 Reply

Sheet metal model

Hi Guys n Gals,

I'm new to Inventor 2015 and have been trying to learn it since June this year. I'm doing ok but got a bit stumped when trying to produce a model (see attached jpeg). The method I used was to start with a solid block, then shape it to the correct size and the shell it and finally cut the apertures out. This was fine until I wanted to convert it to sheet metal and cut it into separate parts for laser cutting.

I.e. The top was one solid piece which consisted of a square base with triangular sections on the sides to be folded. This was repeated for the base. The two seperate parts were to be connected with struts forming a lantern.

Can anyone tell me how I should go about modelling this? Keep in mind that I possibly need to change the overal sizes via the parameters table if the client changes their mind and also I need to get it laser cut from dxf files.

Cheers in advance,

V

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
2grumpy
in reply to: ortem

files converted to sheet metal works OK only when universal wall thickness applied. if variety of thickness try to draw it as part with few solids depending on material thickness then create separate part from each solid, this new files convert to sheet-metal parts and specify the thickness in each.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report