Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
259 Views, 1 Reply

Sheet metal model

Hi Guys n Gals,

I'm new to Inventor 2015 and have been trying to learn it since June this year. I'm doing ok but got a bit stumped when trying to produce a model (see attached jpeg). The method I used was to start with a solid block, then shape it to the correct size and the shell it and finally cut the apertures out. This was fine until I wanted to convert it to sheet metal and cut it into separate parts for laser cutting.

I.e. The top was one solid piece which consisted of a square base with triangular sections on the sides to be folded. This was repeated for the base. The two seperate parts were to be connected with struts forming a lantern.

Can anyone tell me how I should go about modelling this? Keep in mind that I possibly need to change the overal sizes via the parameters table if the client changes their mind and also I need to get it laser cut from dxf files.

Cheers in advance,

V

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi V,

I would use the derive tool to make new parts from your original and then delete the faces I do not want in each part.

If you can send me your file I could create a video to show you.

Regards,

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report