Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet metal idw

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
130 Views, 4 Replies

sheet metal idw

The sheet metal idw I'm finding a little confusing with all the unnecessary lines. For example when I project a flange the projection will include the lower flange thus I have to turn off visibility. The auxillary view command gives me the same headache, it projects everything in its path. Turning off visibility seems extremely time consuming, clicking and clicking..... not to mention if I accidently turn off something I need.
Is there an easier way I should know about to avoid this??
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you just saying you don't want the hidden lines? Edit the view and click the icon to
give a view without hidden lines.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"koehler" wrote in message news:f1431d0.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The sheet metal idw I'm finding a little confusing with all the unnecessary lines. For
example when I project a flange the projection will include the lower flange thus I have
to turn off visibility. The auxillary view command gives me the same headache, it projects
everything in its path. Turning off visibility seems extremely time consuming, clicking
and clicking..... not to mention if I accidently turn off something I need.
> Is there an easier way I should know about to avoid this??
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I WANT the hidden lines in the top flange I projected, but not the lower flange. Picture this: A flat sheet with four 1" bends @ 90 degree. Simple enough. Each flange has pems but spaced out on different centers. When I project the top flange the pems in the lower flange are also projected and overlap.
Its a mess of cirles, not clean at all. I do not want the lower flange projected at all. Can this be done? I do understand about hidden lines off, but how about turning off the feature "lower flange" and anything else below the top flange , like a part spotwelded in the middle. Why does it project everything. It seems it becomes very messy.
Is visibility off the only way to hide what you dont want to see?
Message 4 of 5
Alex123

The only way I know of to do what you want is "Section View". If you use this, it will only give you the Top Flange or Bottom Flange
Message 5 of 5
Alex123

Also, if it is an assembly and you don't want to see a stiffener for example, RMB and select Show Contents. Than turn off the visibility of that part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report