Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Hopper

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
rcmodeler
1333 Views, 11 Replies

Sheet Metal Hopper

Greetings,

I am struggling to create the attached PDF drawing with Inventor 2013. In the attached IPT I created the right-hand PDF view and I am simply at a loss on what to do next. Any help on creating this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
yannicknielsen
in reply to: rcmodeler

I cannot show you my steps, since I'm on a 2015 version.

I would make the cut so it is 9.8 in the bottom. With that I would take the square hole as a cut as well.

After that, i would make one flange feature containing two flanges

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 12
rcmodeler
in reply to: yannicknielsen

Hi yannicknielsen, The problem that I was having was the actual length of angled line 🙂 That said, if you'd like, take a look at my flange height extents (63.78). The only way that I could get this length was by using the Old Method option. Other than me being old, I don't know what Old Method means. A mentoring question - if you were modeling this component, would you have started with the front view or right view like I did? Thanks!
Message 4 of 12
blair

I would start with the flat lay-out, then fold the top flange and use the flange tool for the two side flanges. One may need to adjust the overall height as the drawn flat layout could be slightly off due to the k-factor (bend allowance).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
IgorMir

Hi rsmodeler

The attached file should give you some ideas. It is in IV2010 format.

Regards,

Igor.

@rcmodeler wrote:

Greetings,

I am struggling to create the attached PDF drawing with Inventor 2013. In the attached IPT I created the right-hand PDF view and I am simply at a loss on what to do next. Any help on creating this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 6 of 12
rcmodeler
in reply to: IgorMir

Everyone, thanks for your response! Igor, The part that you created was a great learning experience! I have a question. Would you be so kind and look at the attached JPG and tell me if it's possible to fill in the area between the top and side flanges. Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
IgorMir

Hi Rcmodeler.

Glad to be of help. Here is a part which should give you an idea how to fill that gap.

Cheers,

Igor.

@rcmodeler wrote:

Everyone, thanks for your response! Igor, The part that you created was a great learning experience! I have a question. Would you be so kind and look at the attached JPG and tell me if it's possible to fill in the area between the top and side flanges. Thanks!

Message 8 of 12
WHolzwarth

IMO, there's no exact solution possible for this task, because of collisions in the unfolded part.

See attached an approximation.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
rcmodeler
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Greetings, Can someone show me in the attached 2013 IPT or explain how to remove material shown in the attached JPG? Thanks,

Message 10 of 12
IgorMir

Say, do you do it for a living or do you try to learn the software on your own?

Cheers,

Igor.

@rcmodeler wrote:

Greetings, Can someone show me in the attached 2013 IPT or explain how to remove material shown in the attached JPG? Thanks,

Message 11 of 12
rcmodeler

Hi Igor,

I am not a fulltime engineer / designer / drafter. A couple of years ago I took most of the inventor courses through my local Valued Added Reseller using Autodesk Training Material 🙂 I smile because the sheet metal exercises were pretty simplistic. Based on my background I do some part-time inventor work and I also enjoy using the software as a hobbyist. The part that I posted has tripped me up a couple of times along the way. In my last post I thought I could do a simple cut to lop off unecessay material. Anyway, I will be revisiting the part after a good night sleep 🙂

Message 12 of 12
IgorMir

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. As for the removing/adding material to the flange - it would be easier to create a Face instead of a Flange. The Flanges are somewhat limited to straight corners only.

Cheers,

Igor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report