Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal help needed

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
143 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Metal help needed

I have never done sheet metal in IV so I have modelled these parts the "normal" way. I would be glad if there are any sheet metal guys willing to do this for me and maybe I can learn SM faster by following the correct workflow instead of trying to figure out from the help menu. In case you have to know, these are parts for a model 1913 biplane. I have included the picture of where this is being used. From here, it looks like the top and bottom pieces were made identical then but not anymore after it was assembled. ncabilan Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "TailswivelBrkt.ipt"
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this what you need?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "TailswivelBrktTop2.zip"
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Fixed the contour flange that failed on EOP roll-down. I forget to check that all the time ... never think I could have done a forehead slap'r I guess. ~Larry "ncabilan" wrote in message news:4067670c_1@newsprd01... > I have never done sheet metal in IV so I have modelled these parts the > "normal" way. I would be glad if there are any sheet metal guys willing to > do this for me and maybe I can learn SM faster by following the correct > workflow instead of trying to figure out from the help menu. > > In case you have to know, these are parts for a model 1913 biplane. I have > included the picture of where this is being used. From here, it looks like > the top and bottom pieces were made identical then but not anymore after it > was assembled. > > ncabilan > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Do that forehead-slap'r a lot too! ~Larry "ncabilan" wrote in message news:4067670c_1@newsprd01... > I have never done sheet metal in IV so I have modelled these parts the > "normal" way. I would be glad if there are any sheet metal guys willing to > do this for me and maybe I can learn SM faster by following the correct > workflow instead of trying to figure out from the help menu. > > In case you have to know, these are parts for a model 1913 biplane. I have > included the picture of where this is being used. From here, it looks like > the top and bottom pieces were made identical then but not anymore after it > was assembled. > > ncabilan > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "TailswivelBrktTop3.ipt"
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Try moving the End of Part marker down one feature at a time and you might find that it works. For sure, in the one I posted, it will fail if you move the end of part marker all at once but works if done incrementally. Larry Caldwell wrote: >Fixed the contour flange that failed on EOP roll-down. I forget to check >that all the time ... never think I could have done a forehead slap'r I >guess. >~Larry > >"ncabilan" wrote in message news:4067670c_1@newsprd01... > > >>I have never done sheet metal in IV so I have modelled these parts the >>"normal" way. I would be glad if there are any sheet metal guys willing to >>do this for me and maybe I can learn SM faster by following the correct >>workflow instead of trying to figure out from the help menu. >> >>In case you have to know, these are parts for a model 1913 biplane. I >> >> >have > > >>included the picture of where this is being used. From here, it looks like >>the top and bottom pieces were made identical then but not anymore after >> >> >it > > >>was assembled. >> >>ncabilan >> >> >> >> >> > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

thanks charles, although i tried to last night to recreate it the SM way i was not able to finish it. it was enjoyable though and learning a lot from it. I will study your approach later tonight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report