Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal-flat pattern-drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamieSENG
540 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet metal-flat pattern-drawing

Hi all. Been trying to make a selection of ilogic rules to help cut downtime in the drawing office.

Found something similar online that partly covered it but was unable to find the post due to using private browser mode. My luck...

So I've got a sheet metal part that I need to make a drawing of the pressing details. Third angle projection, dimensioned ect done..

But then I need to do another drawing with the same details apart for an "L" being added to the part number for the flat pattern of the pressing to be cut. The post I came across was more focused on duplicating details over to a new drawing so to save the hassle of re-entering most of the same details over and over again.

What I like would be practically the same just with the "L" on the end of the part number which when it comes to saving would exclude warning message saying there's a file with the same name.

By the drawing stage I have the model to make the base view of the drawing so.. Another useful thing would be to have a base rule view of the flat pattern transfer over also.

Is all the above to much to ask for one rule or do you think it's possible.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: JamieSENG

Jamie,

By any chance do you happen to use Vault?  I ask because in vault there is an option that allows you to setup part numbering schemes.  You set these up and the vault will auto generate the next sequential part number. If I am reading your post right, this almost sounds similar to what you are trying to do, maybe?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
JamieSENG

We spoke to the software support team that look after the vault about setting up a part number scheme and unfortunately it won't work because we only use one project for everything we make. I was also shown an example of how it worked and why it won't work for us.

I think an ilogic rule could save us a lot of time because we have the option then to run it when we choose to. For example I've got a pressing called TS100. By using a rule that duplicates everything from the active drawing to a new drawing under the same part number only with "L" TS100L and a different view. This allows a distinctive feature in the part number that tells me which is which.

I suppose another problem with the vault scheme was it didn't recognise that we was using the same part which resulted in another part number being assigned to the flat pattern drawing.

It's also worth noting that we use the same number so that when we do a search in the vault for TS100 it also brings the TS100L into the results.

Thanks for your response.
Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto

I can see why the numbering scheme in vault wouln't work based on your explaination..

At least you eliminated that.  What you might want to think about doing is post a thread in the customization forum linking this one to it. There is where a lot of iLogic guru's go and hang out.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report