Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Flange Round Corners

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2576 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Metal Flange Round Corners

Any video tutorials?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Isn't a matter of simply clicking the corner edges?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I've gone thru all text and graphics tutorials, downloaded the electric box, etc., etc. It just does not give me a round corner. It may be faulty programing, we get a error in sheet metal rules, we're checking into that end. Any good video tutorials?

J.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

It just does not give me a round corner.

Attach ipt file here. 
You might read this.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/For-the-new-guy-s-in-the-discussion-group/td-p/3636464

Your problem description is not very descriptive of the problem you are experiencing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
blair
in reply to: JDMather

If you are describing a edge fillet on your material that will be bent with the Sheet-Metal function then you will  have a problem as the material thickness changes. If you are talking about a corner fillet then Inventor will process it.

Two different items even though they are both done with the Fillet process, they will have different affects when processing Sheet-Metal in Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Sheet Metal, Flange, Round Corner. My error in assuming this path would lead anyone to conclude I was talking about Relief Holes without acctually saying Relief Hole and not Corner Round under Modify.

It appeared as if applying Corner Relief Hole types only works new ipt's, no copying and modifying existing ipt's that have had flanges removed and reapplied, or just a computer glitch. All is working as it should this morning, new and modified ipt's.

Thanks for trying.

J.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I found what the problem was and don't laugh it has to do with Modify, Corner Round. The flange length I used in my Sheet Metal, Flange, Corner, Round Relief Hole is 0.001, just above the bend tangent line. So when I did applied a Modify, Corner Round of 0.125, it extended into the "bend zone" and nullified the Relief Hole when in a Flat Pattern view. Heads up for those who venture into this area.

J.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report