Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

SPANGDAHLEM
Message 1 of 4 (377 Views)

SHEET METAL EXTENTS FROM PARTS INTO ASSEMBLY

377 Views, 3 Replies
01-07-2013 09:17 AM

Hello all.

WARNING:I am new to ilogic and creating code.

I have an assembly containing several sheet metal parts. I have a spreadsheet that needs the length and width extents (stretchouts) for each of the sheet metal parts in the assembly.

I created rules that that will update the custom iprops and the user parameter at the part level.

My problem is this: I can not get the new length and width extents into the assembly custom iprops or user parameters without opening and and updating the part models individually.

JPG 1: this is the ilogic that populates the user parameters and custom iproperties at the assembly, but it wont work.

JPG 3+4: this is the ilogic at the part level that populates the user parameter length and width extents. This is the information I need to get into the assembly but I dont know how.

JPG 1 (AT ASSEMBLY LEVEL)

1.JPG

JPG3 (AT PART LEVEL)

3.JPG

JPG4 (AT PART LEVEL)

4.JPG

TO RECAP: I NEED SHEET METAL EXTENTS TO FILTER UP FROM THE PART LEVEL TO THE ASSEMBLY LEVEL.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

DON

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

Re: SHEET METAL EXTENTS FROM PARTS INTO ASSEMBLY

01-07-2013 01:23 PM in reply to: SPANGDAHLEM
So - you need an ilogic routine that opens each part file in an assembly, runs the 'create unfolded part'command, and then saves and closes each part...

I don't have this routine, but I want it :smileywink: I hope that Curtis Waguespack is reading this!
The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 4 (351 Views)

iLogic Sheet Metal Extents to Assembly

01-07-2013 01:37 PM in reply to: PaulMunford

PaulMunford wrote:
So - you need an ilogic routine that opens each part file in an assembly, runs the 'create unfolded part'command, and then saves and closes each part...

I don't have this routine, but I want it :smileywink: I hope that Curtis Waguespack is reading this!

:smileytongue:

I'll see what I can come up with, but it might take a few days for me to get back to it.

In the mean time, this might be of interest:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aflatpatte...

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

SPANGDAHLEM
Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)

Re: iLogic Sheet Metal Extents to Assembly

01-07-2013 01:41 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

THANKS GUYS....FYI,,,,I CAN GET THE EXTENTS INFO AT THE PART LEVEL.....I JUST CANT SEEM TO PULL IT INTO THE ASSEMBLY..SNIFF...:catvery-happy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!