Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Corner Chamfer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Talayoe
973 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal Corner Chamfer

Howdy all,

Been toying with sheet metal stuff here lately. Going from solid modeling to this feels kind of backwards to how you design (or I am doing it wrong?).

Anyways, I have part (attached). 300° round. So far checks out to how I want. Please look at chamfer #2. It is in the correct location, but it is not letting me do what I want...maybe I havent started this simple peice in the correct fashion.. What I need is the chamfer in the same 'wall' where it is, but I need it 4.97° x 23" long AROUND the part.

Dont know if this makes sense...hopefully 🙂 

tks for the assistance!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Talayoe

unfold then chamfer

and 4.97deg? really?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Talayoe
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi,

Thanks. Again, noob for sheet metal and dont know what most of the buttons do yet. Figured I had an easy part to start with.
And yes, 4.97°. Is it that critical? Not in the slightest, but I just said that because that is what it rounds out to. Its actually 1.25" land at the end of the part where the angle begins by 23" long...which works out to 4.97. haha

Thanks so much for the help!
-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report