Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal cone development error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MarkESmith
800 Views, 5 Replies

Sheet Metal cone development error?

When I create a cone the developement is fine ( a triangular(ish) blank).

If a small swage is added to the top of the cone & 'Contor Roll' applied - the whole blank becomes rectangular!

Cone.JPGCone2.JPG

Is an addin available to cope with swages?

Thanks

MES

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: MarkESmith

Hi!

Can you attach the part?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
MarkESmith

pls find example attached.

MES

Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

In real world, this last operation consist is a plastic deformation, so, by deffinition it will occur a variation in the thickness, it's not a bend, so the inventor can´t calculate the flat pattern.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
MarkESmith

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there any software or Inventor add-in which will cope with swages being added to sheet metal parts?

MES

Message 6 of 6
mrattray

Carlos is correct. This is sometimes referred to as a double curved surface. SPI SheetMetal is an Inventor add-in that will unfold parts like this. It's from a German company so don't be too surprised when you see a website full of Deutch.
When I was looking into I spoke to: Danny Picheta <dp@spi.de>
There is other software that will unfold these parts, but I'm not aware of another one that is an add-in to Inventor.
Do some Googling.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report