Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal 90 degree double bend between two opposing edges

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2332 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet metal 90 degree double bend between two opposing edges

In a sheet metal part, if I have two planar faces on different height I can use a double bend option of the bend-tool to connect them from two edges. If the edges of the planes are facing the same direction I can use "90 degree" which creates a two 90 degree bends with given bend radius.

If the edges of the planes are facing the opposite direction I can choose "Fix edges" or "45 degree" but not 90 degree. Why is that?

I can be accomplished the same thing by selecting the "Fix edges" and then adjusting the distance between the two planes until I have two 90 degree bends with the used bend radius but its quite ridiculous that I have to do that in order to get the same result that I would get if I just were able to select the disabled or grayed out "90 degree" button.

I'm using Autodesk Inventor 2015.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

To avoid the adjustings, you can first create a flange with the 90deg (any value in length) and then use the bend tool to conect with the 90deg option.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
IgorMir
in reply to: Anonymous

It probably be better to use a "Contour Flange" tool for such a design.

Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report