Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared project

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Derek.Diskin
446 Views, 2 Replies

Shared project

Unable to share projects, not using vault just the standard shared projects in inventor. keep gettinr a llock file come up in the file. wondering if there in some way of checking in the file so that my assicate may work on the same project.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: Derek.Diskin

I'm assuming this is a double-post - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Shared-projects/m-p/4391269

There are two fixes:

1. In Inventor, got to Tools > App' Options > "Enable creation of Legacy Projects".
    Create a new Shared Project that points its Workspace to the location of your problem files.  Join this project.
    Open the offending file(s) and change the browser to show the sharing status (sorry - it's been a few years since I last did this!)  You should be able to Undo checkout - or Steal checkout.  (Again, age clouds my memory!)

2. If you are familiar with Vault and you have lots of these files, run them through Autoloader and check them into Vault.  Part of the Autoloader clean-up process is to remove the extended-entity data that flags these files as checked out.

Hope that helps.

Peter
Message 3 of 3
Derek.Diskin
in reply to: pcrawley

Thanks for reply really helped, We are suppose to have vault used it before great tool, but have to do with this for the moment.
Thanks Again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report