Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaft Thread Notes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mattBA
811 Views, 9 Replies

Shaft Thread Notes

Is there an option that allows me to quickly note shaft thread details similar to the Hole and Thread feature?

Thread Notes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: mattBA

Is that "shaft" generated with the "shaft generator" in Inventor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
mattBA
in reply to: mcgyvr

If I select the feature nothing highlights on the threaded shaft like it does with a threaded hole so I am assuming that feature is for holes only.

Message 4 of 10
mattBA

No, the shaft is a modified shoulder bolt from the Content Center. Only thing I changed was the head so the threading should still be original.

Message 5 of 10
mcgyvr

Its because your view is shaded..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 10
mattBA

Makes no difference. Tried using a bolt and nut from Content Center and the nut thread highlights but the bolts threading doesn't.
Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr

@mattBA wrote:
Makes no difference. Tried using a bolt and nut from Content Center and the nut thread highlights but the bolts threading doesn't.

IDK.. I don't use content center and don't know how those parts were created either..

Maybe a limitation with CC parts I guess.. seems silly IMO..

I simply model "shafts or bolts" as an extruded cylinder and add a thread.. It easily allows it to be specified with the hole/thread tool.. as shown here..

and actually now that I look at it this image below was a part taken from CC when I first installed Inventor years ago and actually used the CC for a few parts when I was just starting.. 

thread.JPG

Message 8 of 10
mattBA

Found it! Select the drawing view, right-click and select "Display Thread Feature" from the list. That will display the threads hidden lines allowing you to use the Hole and Thread option.
Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr

@mattBA wrote:
Found it! Select the drawing view, right-click and select "Display Thread Feature" from the list. That will display the threads hidden lines allowing you to use the Hole and Thread option.

well yes.. not sure if its always been that way or not..  I just do that by muscle memory now automatically when I place a threaded part

Message 10 of 10
Phil.E

This is new for 2015.

I have no idea why this is not a default setting, it always has been. I also cannot see how this is helpful, but thanks for finding the hidden solution!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report