Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several BOM for the same assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TONELLAL
298 Views, 5 Replies

Several BOM for the same assembly

Hello,

Depending to the needs, for the same assembly, I have to create 2 different BOM, with 2 numbering methods. For example, on a handrail, Ineed an output drawing or a workshop drawing. For the output drawing, parts have same number if they have the same "Description". For the workshop drawing, parts have same number if they have same (Description + Length). (see attached file)

The problem is Inventor group parts for number only from Part number, which is a part property.

So if I create an expression in the BOM like "Part Number = <Description>" (1st solution) or "Part Number = <Description>-<G_L>" , I modify the part property, so I can't have the 2 BOM even in 2 different assemblies.

Ideas are welcome !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mario428
in reply to: TONELLAL

Create a custom property with the values you need and put them into your templates.

Create an IDW template thet has those properties for the BOM's

Should not be difficult

Message 3 of 6
TONELLAL
in reply to: Mario428

Does not function, the parts are grouped for same number from the BOM (and only from the Part number), not from the part list.

Message 4 of 6
Nicolas.Bourquin
in reply to: TONELLAL

Hello Tonellal,

many thanks for your very interesting question.

In a BOM it is possible to merge rows based on iproperty "Part Number".  Unfortunately not on other iproperties.

Another solution could be to use "group setting"in a drawing Part List (link to the help) 

FYI: A proposition of enhancement was already posted on the forum Inventor ideastation at this link.

I hope that will answer your question.

Best Regards

Please, hit the Accept as Solution button if my post answers your question.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 5 of 6
admaiora
in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

Hi Nicolas,

i will add  a question.

To insert a part list in a drawing, where was inserted 2/3  views related a some components of an assembly, what would be the best method?

(The part list related to the assembly BOM.)

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 6
Nicolas.Bourquin
in reply to: admaiora

Hello Admaiora,

Many thanks for your question. There are different posisbilities to configure the BOM. For this reason it is quite difficult to answer.

You can insert for example a part list type "structured" or "parts only"  which is configured in the BOM based on a view of the assembly.

You can insert different type of parts lists in a same drawing as long as the views of the drawing are based on different assemblies.

Here is an additional link

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report