Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings/ Templates aren't Saving

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cjjohnson2
2181 Views, 4 Replies

Settings/ Templates aren't Saving

Hey Everyone,

I have recently changed computers, I am apart of a Flexi license system. Now my problem is when i go into Application options and change where to open my templates from it does not save when i quit Inventor. I have also notcied small things like the reverse cusor button i always click but everytime i get out of Inventor it defaults. Does anyone have any thoughts or idea what is going on here? Thanks Alot

(Pictures: One is the custom templates i would like to use. I am selecting them in Application Options/ Templates than applying and closing. Then when i am fnished with Inventor for the day and shut down and the next day when i come back it defaults back to the default templates)

I know it should save because it used to on my previous computer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: cjjohnson2

System information helps, hardware and O/S.

You followed all the pre-requisites for installation:

1.) Logged in with Administrative Priv

2.) UAC slider set to lowest position

3.) Some Anti/Virus software prevents the Windows Registry from updating, so turning the A/V off may be required.

4.) You are using an approved O/S, Win8 is not an approved O/S, SP1.1 will help but not fix all issues.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: blair

Check with Task-Manager and see that you don't have another instance of Inventor running. Changes are written when the program closes. If Inventor doen't close properly you changes won't be saved. Possibly try changing your Windows Log-In and see if your exisitng Profile has been damaged. Run Inventor and make the changes and see if they stick.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: cjjohnson2

As Blair states, App Options are saved when you exit Inventor.  They are saved to the registry in your profile, so this is likely a registry access issue.  It's also possible that Inventor isn't exiting properly, but in that case you should see other indications.

Try logging in with a different account; if that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall with all the steps that Blair recommended.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 5 of 5

This is an old post, but it may be helpful for someone.

I have had the same problem for a while now. I found a work-around that I've been using, but I admit it is not ideal.

In your application options there is an import button on the lower ribbon, and I was able to set all my options and export my settings as a saved preference. Then, I open my application options and import my preferences every time I start Inventor. I usually only do this once a day so it hasn't been a huge time waster. I may get tired of doing this at some point, but for now it works fine.

Here are the steps to set this up:

Tools Tab > Application Options > (set-up all my options at this time) > Export... > name file and Save > OK

And when I open Inventor for the first time of the day:

Tools Tab > Application Options > Import... > Import... > select file (from your initial set-up) > Open > OK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report