Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a point on a different layer to mark the center point of a circle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
392-95380187
229 Views, 2 Replies

Setting up a point on a different layer to mark the center point of a circle

Hello

I need to find a way how to insert a point or a * on the center point of a hole and put it on a different layer. The reason for this is - I am a CAD tech for a welding shop and we cut parts out of steel and we use the dxf file format for our plasma table to cut parts. For example : if i have a 1 inch thick plate and want to put a 3/4'' hole in the plate the hole will be distorted because the hole is smaller than the material thickness. For these situation we can use the plasma table to burn a point or a dot on the center point of the hole. But to do this the point or dot must be on a different layer in the dxf. I  hope this makes sense.

Thanks You if you have any questions you call me @ 1 204 388 6631 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhasell
in reply to: 392-95380187

Hi

What you can do is similar to the this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/How-to-Visibility-off-in-Detail-view/m-p/3664166#M45...

- Create a new layer for the plasma.

- Manually move the holes to the new layer.

- Select lines

- Anotate tab; Layer

- Select the new layer.

If required modify the DWG export template to use the new layers for your purposes.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: 392-95380187

Do you think it's wise to use your serial number or contract number as your user ID?  Hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what it looks like.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report