Inventor General Discussion

james.gordon
Message 1 of 5 (211 Views)
Accepted Solution

Setting default values in the Drawing View dialogue box

211 Views, 4 Replies
01-15-2014 09:04 AM

Inventor 2012.

Is there a way of setting the default values that are displayed in the 'Drawing View' dialogue box?

We wish to make the 'Section Standard Parts' default to ALWAYS rather than OBAY BROWSER SETTINGS.

Ideally I would like this setting to be drawing specific - i.e. can be set via a template rather than require changing settings on each machine - i've seen that you can change it as a global setting in the Application options...

Many thanks,

James

James,

I have never done what you are asking, but given the fact that these settings don't take affect until views are placed, I am wondering if you can get this set by creating predefined views in your drawing templates.  Then in those views set this.

Another thought, like you mentioned these can be set in the application options.  With that said, while I have not had any luck doing this, some have.  Change these settings on your machine then export those settings and reload them on your co-workers machines.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 5 (179 Views)

Re: Setting default values in the Drawing View dialogue box

01-15-2014 01:08 PM in reply to: james.gordon

James,

I have never done what you are asking, but given the fact that these settings don't take affect until views are placed, I am wondering if you can get this set by creating predefined views in your drawing templates.  Then in those views set this.

Another thought, like you mentioned these can be set in the application options.  With that said, while I have not had any luck doing this, some have.  Change these settings on your machine then export those settings and reload them on your co-workers machines.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 5 (170 Views)

01-15-2014 01:16 PM in reply to: james.gordon

I can't see any way of doing it outside of application options, unless one of the ilogic gurus knows a trick or two.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 4 of 5 (160 Views)

01-15-2014 01:45 PM in reply to: cbenner
The application options was the only think that I could think of as well.
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 SP1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 r1 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 344.60
SpacePilot Pro 3.06.109
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ
james.gordon
Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

01-16-2014 12:25 AM in reply to: james.gordon

Thanks all for your help; I think we'll just go with the Application options setting.

Regards,

James

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!