Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 11 - Can't install Service Pack 3 or 4

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
gmasters
1071 Views, 26 Replies

Series 11 - Can't install Service Pack 3 or 4

I have Inventor Series 11 with service packs 1 and 2 installed. I have been trying to install Pack 3 and I keep getting the windows installer error (see attached). I have read where redownloading the file has worked for others but it has not worked for me. I have tried downloading via both Chrome and IE. I am running XP.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
blair
in reply to: gmasters

Are you sure you have the correct version of Inventor SP?

Inventor 11 is alot different that Inventor 2011

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 27
gmasters
in reply to: blair

The box Reads Autodesk Inventor Series 11

Message 4 of 27
blair

Odd, you are insting SP3 then SP4?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 27
gmasters

I am afraid I don't understand. The support site under Inventor Series 11 has SP3 and 4 listed. Are you suggesting it is incorrect?

Message 6 of 27
blair

No, alot of people say they are on IV 11, when they mean IV 2011.

As long as you are correct on your version, all SP's are incremental, you can't install SP2 until SP1 is installed. Double check that you do have SP2 installed before installing SP3.

Seeams like there is something wrong with the Windows Registry, the only solution would be to un-install IV and re-install along with your SP's after.

You should be able to export your settings.

Just thinking, there was a DW* patch, upgrade back then and I beleive if required different Hot-Fixes.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 27
Martin_Goodland

Are you using ADMS 2008 as well as Inventor 11? If so have you uninstalled the client upgrade as mentioned on the SP3 download page ?

Note: If you use Autodesk Data Management Server 2008 with Autodesk Inventor 11, please note the following:

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 8 of 27
gmasters

1 and 2 installed. I installed 2 back in June. 

Message 9 of 27
gmasters
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

I am using ADMS 2011

Message 10 of 27
JDMather

@gmasters wrote:

I am using ADMS 2011

Then why are you using Inventor 11?

I think the first thing you need to do is determine what version of Inventor you are using.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 11 of 27
JDMather

@gmasters wrote:

The box Reads Autodesk Inventor Series 11

Go to Help>About Inventor Product Information

Version.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 12 of 27
gmasters
in reply to: JDMather

Autodesk Inventor Series 11 Came with ADMS 2011

Message 13 of 27
gmasters

Build: 553, Release: 2011 SR SP2 - Date: Fri 04/29/2011

Message 14 of 27
blair

That's not Inventor 11, you have Inventor 2011 series, find the correct SPs' for Inventor 2011.

Latest SP's for Inventor 2011 is SP2, there are a couple of hot-fixes, but no SP3 and SP4. These are only for Inventor 11.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 15 of 27
gmasters

According to the website, listed under Inventor Series 11, Both SP3 and SP4 are listed. 

The Readme file for SP 3 reads as follows:

You must install Autodesk Inventor 11, Service Pack 1, andService Pack 2 before you can install Autodesk Inventor 11 Service Pack 3. This service pack updates Autodesk Inventor Series 11 and Autodesk Inventor Professional 11 for all languages.

Message 16 of 27
Martin_Goodland

You are using Inventor 2011. This is NOT the same product as Inventor 11 hence why you can not install the service packs in your link (Inventor 11 would have been called Inventor 2007 if Autodesk have change the naming scheme a year earlier).

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 17 of 27
blair

You stated you have this:

Build: 553, Release: 2011 SR SP2 - Date: Fri 04/29/2011

This is Inventor 2011, not Inventor 11. Trying to install a SP for the wrong version of Inventor will never work.

Inventor 11 was released in 2006, which you are not running.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 18 of 27
gmasters
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

Here is what I know. The Box is labeled "Autodesk Inventor Series 11" The install disks are also labeled "Autodesk Inventor Series 11" . I have been on Inventor since Release 1 beta and am the only user here. I have every version released since. Due to rough economy we discontinued subscription after receiving Series 11. The first 2 SP's were downloaded and installed under the " Inventor Series 11" section of Downloads and service packs. Sevice packs 3 and 4 are listed there as well and the readme specifies Inventor Series 11. 

Put yourself in my shoes.........

Message 19 of 27
gmasters

I received Inventor Series 11 in April 2010 as my subscription update.

Message 20 of 27
Martin_Goodland

Build: 553, Release: 2011 SR SP2 - Date: Fri 04/29/2011 is what is shown on your Inventor session from your earlier post.

This build is Inventor 2011 with Service pack 2 and the Subscription bonus pack from the subscription website installed. You may well have a box on the desk that says 'Autodesk Inventor Series 11' but that is NOT what is this build is.

I thought from Inventor 2010 boxes had to be requested otherwise the delivery was by download from the subscription site. Maybe the version on your PC was a download rather than the box on the desk ?

How many other versions of Inventor are installed on your PC ? Maybe the 2 sevice packs for Inventor 11 installed because it is still installed on the machine but no longer in use ?

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report