Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number Displayed as " N/A"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
553 Views, 3 Replies

Serial number Displayed as " N/A"

When choosing Help > "About Autodesk Inventor" the Serial number displays "N/A". When starting Inventor 7, the splash screen displays "NETWORK" for the serial number. Is this supposed to be like this? Is there a tweak to get the serial number to display in the "About Autodesk Inventor"?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you install the product? When you install there is an option to install a single seat or a networked installation. During the install were you prompted to supply your serial number? This is how the lower left side of my "About" dialog reads: Autodesk Inventor 7 Copyright 1996-2003 Autodesk, Inc. Build: 275e, Release: 7 RTM - Date: Tue 04/09/2003 Usage Type: Commercial License Expiration: No Expiration Serial Number: 123-45678901 License Behavior: Permanent
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

First I created an administrative network install.
then i use scripting to supply the SN with the msiexec.exe command and appropriate properties and values.
The SN does show in the registry and the msi install log. but I need it to display instead of "N/A".

Thanks
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

It is my understanding that the serial numbers will not display if the system is running a network license. If this is true in your case but you want/need the serial number to be displayed at each workstation for some reason - that would need to be evaluated as an enhancement for a future release. Feel free to contact me directly. -- Autodesk, Inc 7995 SW Mohawk Tualatin, OR 97062 503-692-8339 gary.r.smith@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report