Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Tube and Pipe kits in same hydraulic system assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lesmfunk
397 Views, 5 Replies

Separate Tube and Pipe kits in same hydraulic system assembly

In a given assembly, I am unable to create more than one T&P kit. I need one kit for bent tubing and another for hoses since we go to separate vendors for each. However, only one master runs assembly is allowed in T&P.

The workaround I am thinking is to:

1. Create all runs in the master runs assembly which is in my hydraulic system assembly.

2. Create two kit assemblies outside of my hydraulic system assembly.

3. Place the tubes in one kit assy and hoses in the other.

4. Place each kit assy back into the hyd sys assy and turn off visibility.

5. Set the master runs assy to BOM reference so the tubes and hoses only show up once in the main BOM.

Any better ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: lesmfunk

Try this, create LOD's which in the Master T & P for each of the desired runs with the other suppressed. This should then give you your isolated run(s) for each type or run. You will need to open the T & P within it's own window.

You can then create a drawing for each LOD/View Rep, You can even save each View-Rep/LOD as your part number for that specific T & P run.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
lesmfunk
in reply to: blair

I haven't used LOD's much, but I'll look into it on Monday.

Thanks,

Les

Message 4 of 6
lesmfunk
in reply to: blair

In the absence of further ideas, I have marked this as solved.

Thanks Blair. I still haven't tried your idea yet, but I expect it to work a lot better than my workaround.

Message 5 of 6
lesmfunk

I finally am to the point of creating drawings and am trying out this LOD thing.

Is it possible to give each LOD its own part number so that it shows up in my title block? So far it looks like the answer is "no" unless I'm missing something.

Message 6 of 6
blair

You can give each LOD it's partnumber, it won't show up in the BOM but it will have keeping track of the views easier.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums