Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate flanges

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Zoltan78
384 Views, 2 Replies

Separate flanges

Hi,

I'd like to separate Flange17 which I created at once (see attached file). Unfortunatelly, they will have different size. How can I separate them without falling the whole model apart? I tried to set EOF after Flange17, deselected one of them and I thought I simply create the other one again, then I will able to repair the model. But I can only convert the model back to sheet metal if I delete the splits that makes a lot of work wasted. I don't understand why do they remain solids even if I set EOF before splits.

Help please!

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Zoltan78

Hi Zoltan,

once multibodies are introduced in a sheet metal part, no more sheet metal operations can be added.

I tried to solve your problem using Moveface1 at the end, but I don't know, if that's your intent.

And look at the positions of Hole4. They're cutting the flanges.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Zoltan78
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Hi,

I use Inventor 2011, so, you can't solve the problem for me unfortunatelly, because I can't open the file you attached. I know about Hole4, but if I there's no factory solution for separating flanges, I have to redraw the whole thing again.

EDIT: however, it seems, MoveFace command saves my day! I had to do a few repair but it seems to be okay. I have to repair one split and I can create the missing flange after creating the parts resulting them sheet metal parts again. Thank you very much!

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report