Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send image backward behind view

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2072 Views, 8 Replies

send image backward behind view

I posted the message below close to a year ago without any response. Perhaps someone will have some thoughts on it now? Please help!

I have a view created from an .iam. Then I inserted a jpg image into my drawing. I want the .iam view to be displayed on top of the jpg. When I send it backward, the image remains on top of the view. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll second that...the RMB-'Send Backward' is to no use. And I absolutely want to use it... Peer
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hear hear! ~Larry "Peer@Home" <'Boy was I getting Spammed'ph@ambu.com> wrote in message news:418cb39f_3@newsprd01... > I'll second that...the RMB-'Send Backward' is to no use. > And I absolutely want to use it... > > Peer > >
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Is this an unusual topic? I find it strange that I have only received two responses and those from people sharing the same dilemma.

Does anybody have any kind of solution? Please help.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

If there is anyone who works for Autodesk who can read this thread, YOU BETTER ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!!!

Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr

The "bring forward/send backward" commands are only for when you have multiple inserted images to allow you to choose which is on top.

Inserted images will show in front of drawing views. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 9
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi ericjed13,

Can you describe what your end goal is? I suspect there is a different way to do what you're trying to do, rather than using the image on a drawing sheet.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 9
jingyi.liu

Hi, 

I'm not familiar with your requirement, it would be much better if you can attache a sample here. 

Based on my understanding, you tried to insert objects (here are images) on the drawing, and the "Bring Forward" and "Send Backward" are workable for inserted images. If you think it's  important, you can submit it on Inventor Ideastation. 

So far, Inventor support to show decal in part shaded view, so there is a workaround you may have a try.

• Create a new part, draw a rectangle and insert a (bitmap) picture of your choice ;
  • Use decal command;
  • Select the decal part and place a shaded view.
  • then select your assembly and place the view on top the shaded view. hope it's helpful.

image as background.PNG

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 9 of 9
Matt.WestSU7H9

If anyone has used Draftsight, they know what its all about. Some lines you want on top, and be able to highlight first. Send to Back and Bring to Front commands were used daily when I was using Draftsight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report