Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self-draining routes - why certain styles are not available

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
signmeup
363 Views, 5 Replies

self-draining routes - why certain styles are not available

I've created a self-draining tube and pipe style for the first time. I find that in some routes only the self-draining style is available and in other routes it isn't available (i.e. in the drop down list or to activate in the styles dialog). The help on tube and pipe is quite poor. Can anyone tell me what the rules are that allow non- or self-draining style selection?

Product Design Suite 2017, HP Z800 Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz x2, CPU x24, 96Gb, Nvidia Quadro 5000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: signmeup

HI!

It's because some styles only have elbows with 90 degrees. You need to have a elbow with a diffeerent angle to use theses styles in self draining (a little more than 90º).

You  have to publish a new elbow and carry this on these styles and then they are availables to use with self-draining.

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
signmeup
in reply to: CCarreiras

Yes. I have a self-draining style defined with custom elbows. I wanted to change a standard route to a self-draining route by selecting a self-draining style. I had to delete the route and start again with a new route. If the route angles are invalid is should (and does) break the route. This can be fixed by entering dimensions with the correct angles. This should have nothing to do with style selection.

Product Design Suite 2017, HP Z800 Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz x2, CPU x24, 96Gb, Nvidia Quadro 5000
Message 4 of 6
signmeup

Now I want to create a new non-self-draining route and only self-draining styles are available. Why?

Message 5 of 6
signmeup

It seems you have to make sure the correct type of style is selected before you create the route. Whichever style is selected determines the type of route and you cannot change it. It would be a good idea if self-draining routes had a different icon in the browser.

Message 6 of 6
signmeup

So make sure the correct type of style is "active" in the run before creating a route.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report