Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Other Head-Up Icon in Way

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
blair
627 Views, 9 Replies

Select Other Head-Up Icon in Way

Does anyone know a way to change the location position of the Select-Other on screen Icon. Trying to get the on-screen position to be off-set from directly where one is trying to select. https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/5886c127-edf6-4192-a5bf-7fdb50ac0472

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JavaLodge
in reply to: blair

It's a little difficult to see what's happening in the video. I agree, it's annoying that the popup appear right where you want to be selecting, but it actually doesn't matter where it is. When the select other menu pops up you can select between choices by scrolling up and down. I simply keep my mouse stationary and scroll until I see the correct item is highlighted, and then click. My apologies if you know this already.
in reply to: JavaLodge

Trying to select the end point on the part. Directly under where the on-screen heads-up display keeps showing up. It would be nice to set some displacement offset from where the mouse is.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 10
JavaLodge

Ah, gotcha.  There's a setting in application options to change the size of circle select other chooses from:

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps you.

in reply to: JavaLodge

Those don't deal with the placement of the HUD. I'm looking for an off-set distance either +/- for Vertical or Horizontal. Another nice idea from the programmers, just not finished off. Nothing like having it appear where you are trying to select. In this case the end point directly under where the HUD appears.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 10
cbenner

IMHO, Blair... this has always been a problem.  not only with select other, but a lot of dialog boxes tend to open up right in front of your face.... which is usually right where you have your view centered, and right where you want to do whatever it is you are trying to do.  Constraints for example.  I love the new marking menu,... but it's almost always right in the way of the geometry I'm trying to constrian.

Message 7 of 10
blair
in reply to: cbenner

I agree, not a BUG, just an ISSUE

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
mrattray

Just wait until "issue" become "product improvement opportunity".
Also, +1 for this being very annoying.
While we're complaining:
I don't like the way that it pops up on it's own anyway, I'd prefer if it was summoned by some sort of keystroke or such.
It would also be nice if it obeyed the selection priority filter.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 10
4donwan4

There really is not control for placement of this within the screen. If this is something you want to see please post the request here for future release enhancement.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report