Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

segment/slice to parts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
603 Views, 5 Replies

segment/slice to parts

Hi,

I'm improving my skills of designing by Inventor over more realistic problems by designing and then machining out of wood and now I've stopped on one of my tests, hope find help here.

Constraint:

my machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqBa4OFbhKs

can not cut thicker than 60mm, so I have to slice to parts if the design has height over 60mm.

design of problem:

1. as you can see in the attachment, I have a bowl with top and down face a polygon of 16 sides

2. I sweep the base polygon along the central axis, to upper face, with say, 300mm height

3. Now I need to command Inventor to slice it to thickness of 50mm max, or any needed slice, but adaptive to non verticals: the central axis, and the surface of bowl

I don't imagine how best to make this. Sure I can sit and for 300mm slice one by one, but that is not for what Inventor is invented!

Also, I don't imagine how I can slice it to individual parts or features (what I don't know), so that to then get separated drawing from each and go to g-code and cnc (what I know).

I'm not native English speaker, sorry for possible inaccuracy in description. Please point me to what I have to explain more clear.

Please guide me to the right technique to use to slice to features/parts automatically.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PaulMunford
in reply to: Anonymous

Either create a secnd sketch on the perpendicular plane and rcreate sketch geometry to drive your split - or use a patterened work plane. Make sure that you click the 'Make Solid' button.

When you are done, use tha make components tool to spit out the parts.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: PaulMunford

Yes, that is the solution! Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
rajeshindi

Can u post the final solved part model please.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rajeshindi

Here you are Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
PaulMunford

Great! Glad I could help 🙂

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report