Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seg error... help

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Jayman
157 Views, 9 Replies

Seg error... help

Trying to open an IDW. it is a big machine assembly. after solving the resolution issue it gave me for an IAM that isnt even in my assembly, i am now stuck at this error. Help.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Michael_Kidd
in reply to: Jayman

hope you get a solution to this...straight after lunch similar error
Message 3 of 10
Jayman

I think i fixed it. i opened the main IAM - rebuild all. i unreserved the entire project so i could save everything again (thanx cbliss for that tool). Saved - kept the IAM open and opened the IDW. it worked. Have fun. I luv IV.
Message 4 of 10
Michael_Kidd

unfortunately had not got as far as placing it in an assembly

another wasted morning...its always quicker the second time around
Message 5 of 10
Michael_Kidd

looking further into this file, it is reorted as a ver 6.0 file?

Have reinstalled ver 7 and 6 trying to open it...no joy

Have tried migrating it from all versions...no joy

As good as Inventor is, this type of error causes so much work
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Can both of you contact me so we can make arrangements to get your files? I'd like the full data set. Depending on how large it is, zip and email or call me and we'll set up access to an ftp site. -- Autodesk, Inc 7995 SW Mohawk Tualatin, OR 97062 503-692-8339 gary.r.smith@autodesk.com
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hi! I got this message a while ago. It was also quite big assembly about 17000 parts. Just installed /3gb option, and no errors anymore! -Alpo-
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks Michael, I received this single part and I've been able to reproduce the segment error in releases 6, 8 and the build of 9 I have on my machine. I'm going to see if one of our guys can open the file manually - it may be the some sequence of events has corrupted this single file. Do you remember if this file was 100% Inventor? That is, was it started from scratch in INV or did it start as an imported body? Anything you might be able to remember would help. -- Autodesk, Inc 7995 SW Mohawk Tualatin, OR 97062 503-692-8339 gary.r.smith@autodesk.com
Message 9 of 10
Michael_Kidd

100% inventor...... its not the ned of the world if you cant fix it.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

> 100% inventor...... its not the end of the world if you cant fix it. OK, thanks. I've logged a defect on this but often, without some sense of how a corrupt file ended up in the corrupt state, we aren't able to do anything more than say: "yes, its corrupt - wish we knew how it happened" So - anything at all that you might remember about the specifics of the modeling sequence would help (however I barely remember last week, let alone modeling sequences I used in the r5.3 timeframe). -- Autodesk, Inc 7995 SW Mohawk Tualatin, OR 97062 503-692-8339 gary.r.smith@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report